Sunday, October 19, 2008

Afghooey

So, this is my first official review [and my first blog!] on one of the many strains that I have been privileged to enjoy. Before I get into to the sticky details, just want to share some back story to my inspiration for this blog and the purpose of it.

Basically, after being in a daze with Leo [haha], we came across a blog called "My nugs". I was looking through it and this guy has blogs about crazy kinds of herbal remedies, how they make him feel, what they taste like, etc. I quickly thought to myself, that this idea has some potential. I love to induce myself in Mary Jane and why not bring some educational value into it, right? Review buds for my friends is what I decided to do! To become a cannabis connoisseur is my dream [lol]...and hopefully this will have me be well on my way! Here we go!

My first reviewed strain is Afghooey!

Afghooey is a cross of afghanistan kush and goo. Personally, I've never gotten my hands on afghan, but I have had a taste of it [yum!]. I've never heard of goo until recently. The color is very green...almost a bright green-ish. Crystalization happens in great amounts for this strain. The taste isn't overpowering but it is definitely earthy and green [that's how I know what green taste like! lol]. I like it. It's pretty dense in weight and burns at an average speed [not too fast, not too slow...I'd say just right]. The smell is earthy, but definitely with a hint of sweet to it.


Afghooey is definitely an indica. Gives you a mad crazy body high. I personally enjoy sativas a little bit better, but this strain gave me a magnificent body high; one of the best I've ever gotten from an indica. It'd say it's pretty potent. Munchies don't hit too hard, but you definitely just want to chill if you consume this strain. It has a strong afghan kush body high, but the goo gives it a heavier feel. There's little to no burn out, which is a plus for me because I totally hate when buds put me to bed. You won't need to consume very much of the afghooey to get you where you need to be. It does the job very quickly and extremely effectively.


Price: $50 an 8th
*Ratings are out of 10*

Look: 7.7
Smell: 8.0
Taste: 8.5
High: 9.0
Overall: 8.3

3 comments:

s.z. said...

this is pure genius. well thought out and detailed, i might add.
i will try to get some afghani kush for us. you to critique and me to write another short-story.

the world will never be the same after maryjaneonthebrain and flogging and blogging are done with it.

i may grow to like yours a bit more though. keep up the good work!

Becks said...

I can't believe you actually did it... started a blog about your experience w/ different types of herb.....
..well I'd have to agree on the ratings for the afgan .... its up there....lol

Becks said...

I also enjoyed the strawberry cough earlier last week .....definitely a decent and unique strain...thought it was real fluffy and thick... although I heard this was a bad quality for bud I liked it alot.... fluffy is my new friend lmao

.....Good Review Gabs. Keep it up!